Sunday, February 7, 2016

Corners



I thought a good start would be to highlight some corners of our apartment that I'm really happy with! This place is so small, with our only storage being two tiny closets, so pretty much everything we own is out on display. There are a couple pretty cluttered spaces in here, which I'm slowly working on. I feel like I've pared down so much already, the next step may be to just get some more appropriate storage for the remaining chunks. I'll keep you posted on any progress with those! Another aspect though, is that I would prefer to not bring in more stuff to organize the stuff we have, so I'm hoping to come up with a better solution. Also beautiful storage costs money! Generally, when you don't have craftsman skills.



I would also like to incorporate more plants into our space, but these cats like to devour any living thing they can. I recently got a hanging plant, to ease into it. So far, it's sill alive! Small victories.



A few things featured in these photos that I particularly love:
1. Our bed. When we moved up to Maine we left all of our old crappy furniture behind, and decided to invest in a nice mattress. We ended up getting a yogabed, which you've probably seen similar things around. It's a memory foam mattress that came rolled up in a box, which then just unrolled and inflated on our bed, and no need for a boxspring! It's been great. We also invested in a down comforter for the chilly Maine winters. That, and the pile of pillows make for such lovely sleep.
2. This ceramic jar is one of the few things from my college ceramics class that I actually liked enough to hold onto. I'm still proud of it!
3. I recently found this nightstand at a consignment store in South Portland. They had so much great furniture! I can't wait to come up with an excuse to go back. I love it's shelves, along with a little drawer at the bottom perfect for storing some pajamas.



If anyone has tips for living in small spaces with little storage, I'll take them all!

xoxo Erin

0 comments:

Post a Comment